Tuesday, March 22, 2011

München

I got the chance to spend a few days with my favourite Müncheners... They were the best hosts ever, picking me up from the airport I was treated to a tour of town and their local climbing gym followed by some great pizza!
Despite my lack of sleep I payed enough attention that I think I can identify what I've got photos of... First up, the modern art gallery...



From there, we wandered past the Eisbach, a canal that runs under the city that is set over some concrete to form a standing wave that nutty locals ride... in hooded 5 mil wetsuits in 4* water! Nadine was in the water just last week! Crazy.




I'm not convinced.


The above two, I think, are of a former residence of some king in the past - who used to ride around a pond on the roof in a fake swan boat... hmmm




The town hall above, from the top of a bell tower we had to climb up - the exercise was good to keep my blood pumping and keep me awake.



Climbing the tower left us needing a refuel, some local grilled sausage on fresh bread, yum!
Below is the famous Hofbrauhaus, we had dinner there on Sunday after climbing - but more on that later!






I must say a HUGE thanks to Serge & Nadine for looking after me so well! I can't wait to visit again or I'll see you in Chamonix, mate! 




No comments:

Post a Comment