Monday, March 7, 2011

London Calling!

Every time I launch on a London trip I can't get that song outta my head...


Anyways... it's been a pretty good trip so far and my favourite thing to do in Singapore has definitely been keeping me going!


We gave the satay's a decent nudge at Lau Pa Sat - my fave hawker market - and had a fairly low key time, managed to check out a local climbing gym... pretty ordinary and open air = a very sweaty time! But, it was good to do some climbing to stay in shape.
Then it was off to London! Spent a good deal of time sleeping but managed to hit another climbing gym, again with Adrian... nice gym too, fantastic in fact (as far as gyms go...). Had a nice night out with some friends and cruelly dug Caro out of bed far too early on Saturday for brunch! Great to catch up, even if it was brief! Afterwards, off to Vertical Chill for some indoor ice climbing! Never imagined it even existed but it was great to give it a crack. Pretty small and short but  it was more than enough for me to have a play on and decide that ice climbing is totally dodgy. but fun....


Sorry for the crap pics! It's in a cool room at the back of a gear shop, starts in the basement then you climb up to the first floor - there's a window up there too so there's a heap of people looking at you all the time...


It was hard to get a shot of the ice, the iphone camera wasn't cooperating...



My first thought: "how lame is this!?"
2 meters up my first climb a massive chunk slammed into it... it's definitely worth having it down!

Back to Singas and more food - Fatty's 1 arrival with a Cave transition worked a treat! Had some a murtabak from Mr Prata for lunch and went cable wakeboarding... good fun! Pretty intimidating hitting the jumps though!

Mr Prata!



And now I'm just hanging round to get home! It's getting to be a long trip & I'm looking forward to getting picked up by Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment