Saturday, September 4, 2010

rain, busted fingers & onshore gales

Well, as per the post title, things here aren't all that ideal for the main core of my blogging; skiing, climbing & surfing - so whilst trying to to bore things out too much - a quick update never-the-less!

Well, this week has been a little crazy with our wedding planning/scheming reaching a fever pitch - 10 days until the first of our international entourage begins arriving! (hej tobias & karen!!) However, I still had planned to head down for a ski with Nick but he's down for a few weeks after busting his ass through the Oxfam 100km trail walk, but that didn't matter too much in the end as I cancelled anyway after seeing the forecast - gale force winds & a metric shit-ton of rain! misery! After cancelling, I consoled myself that I could find some dry rock somewhere & all would be ok, but after putting a key-ring point into my finger (through my finger nail!) I put climbing off for at least a week... It's wet as anyway so it's kind of a moot point in the end. Serge's ankle is still on ice too!
Maybe a surf? hmmm tempting, as there is actually some swell at long last! but it's pretty messy out there thanks to a 25kt+ nor-easter, but there are a few die-hards out there - good on 'em!
So, there it is... I'm confined to the apartment! But since it's spring, we hit bunnings and resurrected our herb garden.


Tomatoes first up, the one on the right has almost doubled in size since planting 2 days ago!



Add caption

The main section, I like the stand Maria found. The mint (front left) is looking strongest.
We are going to have lots of chili!






Our lavender is starting to flower! (Marlins V Penrith down below)



My olive tree looking strong, with my next long-term project next door, blueberries!


and for Shirin - so she doesn't eat everything else!

and my fingernail piecing, the latest trend!


2 comments:

  1. Hey NZ's earthquake might cause a Tsunami!!! ... take your plants inside!! Can't wait to see the success of your BLUEBERRIES.... such a rip-off price in Australia.

    ReplyDelete