Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mt York with some Rockies

As the weather is (supposedly) starting to warm up, I've been getting all excited about getting out climbing again! Managed to convince two strangers that it was a good idea to head out for a day at Mt York in the Blueys... The three of us braved a chilly NW breeze and had a great time! My highlight of the day was a contest between the cherry danish I picked up in Katoomba, finally getting on (& up) Mezzaluna and the wonderful company of other like minded people! Yep, it was a real tough day out...
I forgot my camera but Chelena had the presence of mind to bring hers and was kind enough to let me use her shots :) thanks! (thats why there's lots of shots of me...)


Having a play rope-swinging after lowering off Noodle (15)... it's good to have a relaxed belayer!

This and the following few are of me launching up Mezzaluna (16)**





I like this one!

Yay! A pic of someone else!... Chelena starting out on Mezzaluna.

All in all a great day out and I'm very thankful for the great company, it's always nice to meet new folks to climb with.

No comments:

Post a Comment