Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mt Kuring-gai with the Rockies

Last Sunday I got the chance at last to head out with the SRC for a climb! I could only do half a day but it was great to get out in the sun with other like minded folk for a climb, a big thanks to Rod for organising the trip!
Things got off to a late start but we made it to the 'Lost & Found' wall without a getting lost - which is apparently common! Once we were organised we started off in an 'easy' bolted area and I led 'Broke Rib Mountain' (14) for a warm up - and after pulling a hold above the 2nd bolt and ending up on my tippy-toes on the ledge, I was definitely warmed up! After a little more mucking around there, including working out that Scorpion (11?) was actually a 18, I led 'Foundling' (17**) before heading off to the snow with Maria. All in all, a great morning out... Lovely morning in the winter sun by the river - even the 40 minute steep walk out!



On the walk in...

A lovely walk in with fog burning off the river, making for a lovely sunny morning

Rod working on the headwall of 'Scorpion'


No comments:

Post a Comment