Saturday, February 12, 2011

sore knees, dead trees and malt extract

Well, the other day, we had our first real heat wave for some time, 40+ really took it's toll on our little garden...



The tomatoes took a real beating along with the basil which is beyond hope, the oregano and mint should recover ok. No surprises that the rosemary and olive tree loved it but the real surprise was Maria's rose tree, going strong! The cat was pleased with the now cooler temps...

Meanwhile, I've been to the physio as my knee has been playing up a bit, turns out it's the same issue as my other one, a tight 'ITB' - or big ass ligament that goes from my bum to knee. So, I've more stretches and things to do, in the meantime, she's tried taping it. So after a little shaving my knee feels all nice & tight - worked ok for climbing the other day but it came loose pretty fast.


...and now for the real action! I've recently acquired a home brew kit (christmas pressie from the loving wife!) and it's finally being put to use, thus launching the Northern Beaches Brewing Co.! My first will be the Manly Small Batch ESB - whether it's 'english' or 'extra', well, I'll have to see how strong it turns out! I better get to work sterilising all my stuff & report back after!


Happy now caro?! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment