Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back on Snow!

Well, at long last I managed to get back on snow! My wonderful fiancé took me south to the mountains for my birthday, we stayed at Lake Crackenback and skied a day at good old Perisher... Lake Crackenback is a great spot to stay, rather luxurious! Being early season, there wasn't much on offer skiing wise... but we had fun on the front valley, mostly on man-made snow. It was good to put my new binding setup to use and I'm happy to say that the Axl is a great tele binding! Maria also got to break out her new setup, Black Diamond Mystics w/ O1's, and she loved 'em! It took more than a few runs for me to get back any semblance of style but once I got going, it felt great!
Day 2: We drove up to Thredbo on Friday morning, which was suspiciously warm, and arrived in the village to some rather heavy drizzle and warm temps (+1 at the top station)... so we aborted the mission, saved $200 and decided to head home. Maria got me to take a different way home and we stopped for lunch in Gundaroo at a great restaurant called Grazing, an absolute top-notch spot, perfect to lift my rained out birthday spirits!
Well, it's forecast to snow a fair bit in the next few days so hopefully after my next work trip there'll be a better base down so we can get out for a tour or two!


Dawn over Lake Crackenback





Thredbo! The natural snowline is quite high, and thin.


View out to South (?) Ramshead from just below Dead Horse Gap


For some reason - I think having a high pivot point on my new bindings - my boots were pinching a little making my foot a little sore and swollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment